Upcoming Fitness Events
Events by Our Partners
2013 Annual Conference
Saturday, February 9, 2013
3 Ways to Attend: Conference center, Official host sites & At home
This, the 11th year for the Heart Zones Conference, bring something entirely new to the health and fitness industry - a better way for you to attend. This year it will cost less to attend because you don't have to travel and because the Conference is web-enabled. Next, you have the choice of how to attend. This high-impact, one-day, eight-hour education and workout event is presented by Heart Zones USA. The 2013 Conference includes workshops, workouts, discussion groups, keynote presentations, social mixers, and more.
3 Ways to Attend
Choose from one of three different ways to attend from a dozen different locations. Each of the three offers participants some unique attributes and benefits!
Conference Center Live
Participate at the main event venue in Oakmont (near Pittsburgh), PA. Here you'll get to interact "in person" with some of Heart Zones most renowned and beloved trainers and meet your faculty: Carl Foster, Ph.D., Gene Nacey, MPH, and Sally Edwards. And, you'll also become part of the "live" online program feed -the live audience - that will be simultaneously broadcast to all of the different Official Host Sites across the USA.
Official Host Sites
Participate at one of our Official Host Sites -- each one also hosted by Heart Zones certified or master trainer. Located in throughout the USA including the following: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; Sacramento, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and other locations. Here you will get the best of both: the 'hands on' benefits and enjoyment of 'live' participation in the Conference workshop/workout events without the extra cost of your time, travel and accomodation expenses to Pittsburgh, PA.
Participate from your home or any location with an internet feed via the web-based "simulcast". You will watch and participate without any travel - 100% web simulcast for the keynote presentations, the social partys, the workouts-workshops. You will receive your materials in advance and be ready to participate in the conferenece from the location of your choice.
What participants will get
All registered participants receive as part of their registration:
- A free Blink 1A, the one-button model flashing zones heart rate monitor, with upgrade opportunities, a $74.95 value which includes the ZONING workout cards.
- Handouts and Workouts
- Continuing Education Units, CEUs, from ACE, ACSM, USA Triathlon, and AFAA.
- Conference Goodie Bag shipped to you in advance.
In addition, participants participating at (1) any Official Site or (2) at the Pittsburgh Conference Center which includes a CHZT, Certified Heart Zones trainer, receive:
- Post Conference party with refreshments
- A CHZT or MHZT, Certified or Master Heart Zones Trainers to lead the discussions, workshops and workouts to answer your questions and support you in person.
At-Home web-simulcast participants will receive:
- Discounted pricing for Conference participation
- All items listed above including a free Blink 1A heart rate monitor
- The web-simulcast log-in/code which includes opportunity to ask questions during the Conference time.
- Up to to 1 month to watch the conference proceedings at your convenience
What participants need to attend
To enjoy your partipation even more, we'd like to recommend to you the following:
- ALL PARTCIPANTS should bring or wear: wear workout clothes, towel and post-workout changes, water bottle, access to some exercise equipment such as indoor bike (your bike on a windtrainer, treadmill, or any cardio equipment will work for the workouts), lunch and snacks, your goody bag, your new Blink 1A and your personal items. All participants will need to print out your hand-outs in advance and will be emailed the PDFs for those if you want a hard copy during the coursework.
- AT HOME PARTICIPANTS need a high-speed internet connection; computer or laptop equipment; test in advance that your password and Conference code works for you -- we will send you instructions in advance on how to test the connection. Don't worry if you end up comitted for the day of the event, all at home participants have up to 1 month to watch the conference proceedings.
Registration and pricing details
Save some money by registering early. If you do, you qualify for "Early Bird" pricing. Online or phone registrations received before January 28, 2013 get a 20% discount on the registration fee --- heck, save yourself $20-$49 by registering now.
- At the Pittsburgh HZ Conference Center - Live: $199 reg; $159 earlybird (before 1/28/13)
- Your local "Official Conference Host" location - web-simulcaast: $149 reg; $119 earlybird (before 01/28/13)
- At-Home Participation - web-only: $129 reg; $109 earlybird (before 01/28/13)
Blog with Sally
The Power of Camaraderie - Friend or Blink?
December 8, 2013
We do better when we do activities together. If you are tired of starting and then quitting a workout program? Continue reading»