Is Just Showing Up Enough
The pattern for success in many arenas (sports, work, school) is pretty simple. Just show up. Yes, the old adage really is trite and cliché but also equally true, to wit; – 80% of success is just showing up. Of course this begs the question, is it really necessary to learn about Heart Zones® and the science of cardiovascular fitness in order to reach your goals. Clearly many people do so without knowledge every day. Although this is true, my experience and that of many other professionals in the fitness or sports industry will tell you that there are many more athletes (either weekend warriors or elite level amateurs) that do not meet their goals despite a lot of effort.
It comes down to working smarter. I used to say working smarter not harder. That was before I studied the many faces of training from low intensities to high, and from newbie/couch potatoes to borderline pros. The truth of the matter is that you need to train smarter AND harder. The art and science must combine however to produce your personal formula for success.
Indoor cycling is as unique as any other sport. There are different flavors of it, with the most popular notion that Spinning® is the most prevalent method. While the name is indeed the most widely used, it is actually a proprietary brand and should not be used in a generic context. At Cycling Fusion our “flavor” is that which mimics true outdoor riding will deliver the best benefits in the safest manner. This is why we built the bulk of our training methods around Heart Zones® training methodologies.
So yes, showing up is still 80% of success, but the degree of success, and access to that elusive, remaining 20% will be directly related to how much you learn and apply from the science of training.